Budgeting for archiving in NSF DEL proposals
Acknowledgment Statement from NSF DEL Program Officer:
- DELAMAN archives have agreed on a fee of up to 8% of the direct cost rate for archiving at initial submission of the proposal.
- The NSF DEL solicitation (NSF 15-567) encourages PIs to budget for archiving.
- NSF is aware that PIs will be budgeting for archiving up to 8% of direct costs (negotiable on a case-by-case basis with individual archives).
- Please contact the target archive as soon as possible before writing your grant application.
- This will apply only to senior proposals and to Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grant proposals at this time (but not to Fellowships proposals).